01. the Conference in Frankfurt - participants: The military governors and the Minister-Presidents of the Länder ancestor cars ago the IG-Farbenhaus in Frankfurt. Among the participants of the Conference General Clay, half-close, General Robertson, half close, Prime Minister Hinrich Kopf, large, Mayor Brewer, close to half.
(26 m) 02. Around the DM, sacks with old banknotes are loaded on trucks. Old banknotes are poured out of bags. Old 1000 Mark bills are thrown into a paper mill. Wrapping paper is made from the waste paper. Pedestrians on the road. People in front of shop Windows. In shop Windows, dishes, meat grinder and iron. Fountain pen. Hand sets price tag next to the bottle. Waiters serve guests in restaurant. Menu, great. Empty tourist restaurant on Lake Tegernsee. Empty Kurpark in bad Wiessee. Snow on the Nebelhorn in Oberstdorf. Hotel employees skiing. Husband and wife get off train in Westerland. Empty streets in Westerland. Man hanging sign on House for rent. Empty beach with beach chairs. Beach basket guardians playing cards. Individual bather and Sonnende.
(80 m) 03 high price of Aachen rider on the course. Horse crashes on barrier and overturns. The only German riders in the jump-off, H. Strähle on Edgar rips the wall. Wins the Colonel wing on Totila. Total viewers. Wing receives congratulations at award ceremony.
(35 m) 04 Berlin - crowds on the street Exchange on the black market. Police arrest traffickers. Soundsystem of the RIAs on the road. Speaker reads messages. Listener in mass. Stationary may before the zone border. Loaded barges on the zone boundary. Transport seaplane on the water. Start of the water plane in Finkenwerder. The spokesman of RIAs in news, original sound. "Despite unfavorable weather and low cloud cover air transport took place today to Berlin on schedule. In the early afternoon, the first Skymaster aircraft arrived with each 8 tons coal aboard in Berlin Tempelhof. You were transhipped by German special labor camp on American 10 tons truck Right away. Total today 40 machines with coal for the Western sectors of Berlin were expected." Loading/unloading of coal from aircraft. Secretary of State Marshall speaks. Winston Churchill speaks in Newton to the Berlin crisis, original sound. "... about Berlin. Last month had Mr. Bevin said in Parliament, we are in Berlin, and we..." Mayor Luise Schröder rises out of plane in Hamburg and is welcomed by Mayor Brauer. Special meeting of the Hamburg Bürgerschaft. Citizenship Minister Schönfelder speaks, original sound. "We feel the hunger blockade as a crime against humanity. It stands in stark contradiction to the principles of peaceful construction." The Group Chairman, SPD, Kamel, speaking, actuality. "We not only that's why think of Berlin, because Berlin is fighting for himself, Berlin fighting for Germany. The battle is waged, there is our fight. There is no question the choice of that we have, it's a matter of coercion, resulting from the situation." Vote on a resolution, to donate one day's ration food of the Hamburg population for Berlin, original sound. "I ask all the ladies and gentlemen who vote for this resolution, to raise their hand." Almost all hands are raised. "Come to the cross. Decision taken against three votes. Crowd on the City Hall Square, screen-filling.
01. the Frankfurt in Frankfurt am Main took Instead of a joint Conference of the three military governors of the Western zones for the first time after the war with the Prime Minister of this zone.
The trizonale Conference addressed vital questions about the future of the German West.
The military governors showed the Prime Minister, not later than 1 September of this year to convene a constituent Assembly, to close at least West Germany into one political unit together. A West German Government should be built on the Foundation of a democratic Constitution. In addition, an occupation statute is to define the responsibilities of the occupying powers and the West German Government. The Prime Ministers met just a week later in Koblenz to a first discussion of the Allied proposals.
01. Frankfurt Conference for the first time since the was a joint conference between the 3 military governors of the Western zones and the Prime Ministers of these zones which held at Frankfurt o/main. Questions vital to the future of Western Germany were discussed. The military Governors invited the Prime Minister to convoke a constitutional convention before September 1st, this year, in order to establish a political union at least in Western Germany. A West German Government wants to be erected on the basis of a democratic Constitution. Furthermore, a statute of occupation between the Occupational forces and the West German Government, will be outlined. A week later the Prime Minister met at Koblenz allied to discuss the suggestions.
02. speaking of the Deutschmark of truck leads of "1,000 mark" notes of the old Reichsmark are ground in the paper mill to make packing paper. The Deutsche mark has great importance now. The shop windows are full of excellent things but only 1st class quality is bought. The same picture in the restaurants. The d-mark and the wet summer caused a lack of guests in the summer-resorts: here are some pictures of Tegernsee, bad [...] Wiessee and Oberstdorf. And this is Westerland D-marks at the North Sea only a few guests arrive daily to spend for recreation.
03. The Grand Prize of Aachen the 18th International riding tournament at Aachen had a special attraction because of the participation of the American Olympic team and other foreign competitors. The 20 tests extended over 6 days. Highlight what the "Grand Prize of Aachen" over 12 very severe obstacles. 33,000 spectators saw a dramatic competition. H. Strähle on "Edgar" made some mistakes in the eliminations. Colonel wing on "Totilla" won the Grand Prize, with a perfect score.
02. around the Deutsche mark a truckload banknotes! Tausendmarkscheine, in such quantities! This can be only the old, faded Reichsmark, which was dissolved before its devaluation to nothing. Now it comes to the paper mill. The millstone bundle to bundle is counted again. Then Bank officials throw out the money - not to the window- but in the mill. This is The end of the money overhang, which has undermined economic and construction. And then the old mark of new - but No more cash as a wrapping paper for all that can be purchased with new mark, with Deutsche Mark rises. The Reichsmark is dead - it lives the Deutsche mark. She lives on the price tags and in the purse of the purchaser, and it is still a surprise to see the costs incurred by the window and the menus of restaurants in new richness. Now quality is again a term – the customer is picky and attentive service: you pay in Deutschmarks! In the resorts but it says: Yes, the Deutsche mark... and the wet summer.
Tegernsee - crowded until very recently - is now empty. The season Not yet started - for the known reasons: fixed mark and damp weather.
And it's no different in bad Wiessee. But the spas are equipped--wait... new guests with new money.
Earlier it is very... with the summer. The altitude of the Alps log meter-high snow, and on the Nebelhorn in Oberstdorf, it feels Very much wintry in the Hundstagen. The hotel staff makes temporarily due to lack of summer and guests... Ski holiday!
And here today Westerland. Daily arrive only a few patients, but are really recreation seekers who spend their Deutsche mark for the health. You could say: Westerland, like you've never seen it. Decayed roads, occasional visitors and - what would have sounded until very recently like a joke: Room free. Also the beach is free... of bathers. The Strandkorb keeper lifeguard, by the landlord to the hotelier about on his Majesty the customer waits in Westerland.
Yes - and all... because the Deutsche mark.
03. the Grand Prix of Aachen 18. International riding and Steeplechasing in Aachen was its special character by participating in the American Olympic team and other foreign class rider. The 20 tests of the tournament stretched over a period of 6 days; the highlight was the Grand Prix of Aachen, a hunting jumping around the short track with 12 particularly difficult obstacles, as always. This jump was the last before Olympic match of best European class with the American riders.
33,000 spectators saw very dramatic fights.
Several horses were healthy across the Web, a jump-off was needed. The only one still in the competition remaining German riders, H. Strähle on "Edgar" made mistakes the last cut. So, Colonel "Totilla" wing with a flawless ride won the Grand Prix of Aachen.
It was one of the most dramatic jump in the brilliant history of the Aachen riding and go tournament.
04. Berlin the Berlin crisis continues unabated. It has transformed the face of the city: the road image shows the signs of fever restless pulsating bustle and tense expectation. Berlin's body runs on increased number of revolutions: the black market - in the Western zones almost extinct - persists in Berlin as a result of the Soviet Russian monetary policy. It exchanges Ostmark in West mark, or vice versa. Around listening, organized and is doing too much else black.
And sometimes police intervenes: the islands of the traffics are isolated and cleared.
Berlin's Western sectors suffering most restrictions of gas and electricity. But Berlin remains up to date: the day a Soundsystem RIAs recite the broadcasting in the American sector, the latest news,. The reporter on wheels gives the contact with the major policy, which revolves around Berlin.
Berlin is without replenishment, land and water. The trains with coal accumulate at the zone boundaries in the West. Full cars, dead tracks, no passage. This is the starting point of the hunger blockade, which was imposed by the Soviets against the Western sectors of Berlin.
The same image on the waterways. In a kilometre-long chain, heavily-laden barges be bordering zone - the passage is blocked; to Berlin is the vital cargo.
Even more, the airlift to Berlin is built by the Western allies.
The Royal Air Force was ten Sunderland flying boats for the supply of Berlin. In Finkenwerder in Hamburg start the machines on the Elbe River, each carrying six to eight tons of food. Berlin is reached in one hour. The waters in the Western of part of Berlin are the natural landing spots for the flying boats; as a result, Berlin-Tempelhof and Gatow airfields are relieved. Not only food will be flown to Berlin. Announces the spokesman for RIAs: (original sound). The situation in Berlin is at the heart of global politics. D r American Secretary of State Marshall declared categorically: "We intend to remain in Berlin". Winston Churchill referred to as leader of the Conservative Party of England in Luton before 100,000 listeners. He reaffirmed the statement of the British Foreign Minister Bevin, to stay in Berlin. (Original sound). A A lot known personality in the Berlin crisis: Ms Luise Schröder, the Berlin Mayor. Here, she is welcomed with visiting Hamburg Mayor Brauer. Throughout Germany participates in the Berlin's struggle for its freedom. The Hamburg Bürgerschaft was convened for a special session, attended by the leaders of the Berlin parties. The President who said Hamburg Bürgerschaft, Mayor Schönfelder,: (original sound).
For the social democratic party, the Bundestag Group Chairman Klabunde:(Originalton) said.
There has been a resolution to the debate after the Hamburg population donates one day's ration food for Berlin. Here the result of the vote: (original sound). Like in Hamburg, as the major parties and the citizenship declared their solidarity with the fate of Berlin's also in many other cities in Germany. From many places, considerable donations of food and money went to Berlin. Show all these resolutions and rallies: Berlin is not alone!
Persons in the Film
Brauer, Max ; Churchill, Winston ; Clay, Lucius D. ; Klabunde ; Kopf, Hinrich ; Marshall, George ; Robertson, Brian ; Schönfelder ; Schröder, Luise ; Strähle, H. ; Wing
Aachen ; Berlin ; Frankfurt ; Heilbronn ; Hamburg ; Baltic Sea ; England ; United States
Sachindex Wochenschauen ; Narcotics, drugs ; Banking, banking ; Libraries ; Books ; Trade, finance ; Police ; Travel ; Horse riding, horse racing (without harness) ; Radio, television ; Shipping ; Spoprt-Ehrungen ; sports audience, sports spectator ; Holiday ; Transport: motor vehicles ; Flugzeugwesen, Flugwesen ; Crew ; Gastronomy ; Anniversaries, Jubilees, birthdays ; finance ; Berlin blockade ; Sports honors ; aftermath of war
Translated by Microsoft Translator