01 Lidice people gather to worship in free field. Large wreath is laid down. President Benesch leads worship. Flags flown at half-mast.
leave ships Holland crossing the Zuiderzee (20 m) 02 German troops. On board German soldiers. With horse and carts and on foot soldier columns moving through the streets. A guard post on a tank. Trek marched through a Dutch village. Silent population on the side of the road. Marching boots, carts and horses. Imperial Eagle with gas mask and steel helmet in front of a building.
(46 m) 03 Canada Super fortresses for America builds huge aircraft parts on a vehicle. In a factory, bombs Chambers are composed of men and women. Work on aircraft fuselages. Factory Hall. Flying Super fortress then lands. The workers will visit the aircraft. Close-up shots of the aircraft.
(57 m) 4 camera review: Venice port of Venice. Destruction in the port. Channels with gondolas and soldiers. Trip through the canals. Barge in with casks passes. Bridges and houses along the canals. Doge's Palace, St Mark's square with pigeons.
(61 m) 05 bridges throwing end tank tank carries a bridge. The bridge is established. Another large hydraulic bridge spans over a river. Tank driving over the bridge.
(31 m) 06. clearance of minefields coast of Holland at Scheveningen. German soldiers clear and defuse mines with Minensuchgeräten. Plate mines stacked up. A soldier carries away mine. Mine explosion.
(27 m) 7th military Government has been fighting epidemics conical and bomb craters. Water truck and water output. Water flows from the tap in large pot work on pipelines. Sign "Danger of typhoid fever". Man leads a horse with gas mask. Delousing station. DDT powder is sprayed over men, women and children. The people will receive a certificate.
(68 m) 8th Australian troops land on Borneo soldiers and vehicles are loaded. Australian General Bernay's instructions. Bombers throwing leaflets and bombs. Bomb strikes. Japanese fuel depot on fire. Smoke clouds over the sea. Troops go ashore. Black mushroom. Tanks forward.
(55 m) 09 executed spies spy is led to the hanging and bound to a stake. Firing squad (American soldiers) shoot. The condemned man breaks down and placed in a waiting coffin. 5 more spies are shot in the same way, including a German captain with a blindfold.
(41 m) 10. The fight in the Pacific IPO dam at Manila. American soldiers, in high Bush terrain, capture Japanese soldiers who come out of hiding. Investigation for weapons. A soldier shows a sword. Removal on a truck in the captivity. Tanks in the battle for Okinawa. Burning American armor. Auxiliary troops To try to pick up comrades out of the burning tank, but the tank explodes. Flame throwing tanks in the area. Burning trees and bushes.
01 Lidice was shot In the summer of 1942 Himmler's Adjutant Heydrich in Prague. Affiliated SS troops raided the small Czech village of Lidice, killing the men of the town and burned the houses. On the ground, where once stood the Lidice, President Benesch led a church service. Women remember their murdered friends. Lidice was destroyed, but his name will remain.
02. German troops leave Holland via the Zuiderzee from the western areas of Holland, the soldiers of the Wehrmacht, 180,000 men, get beaten, discouraged and tired they go back to Germany, under guard of a single item. For the last time by Dutch villages, past silent-looking residents. These remnants of the once proud army are 5 years older than went out at the time, as they and their comrades, to conquer the world. Now is their journey ended where it started, on the German border.
03. Canada builds Super fortresses for America an example of the close cooperation of the United Nations is the construction of American Super fortresses in Canada. Canadian men and women build here the bombs Chambers of the giant aircraft. The tunnel of the hull is an air corridor. A fuselage leaves the machine shop to the final completion in the United States. A super fortress comes back from the United States, and is visited on a Canadian airfield of workers who helped them to build with pride. It is one of the largest and schwerstbewaffneten bombers of the world. In the Pacific Ocean, she will be up to the day of the victory over Japan in the usage.
04. camera review: Venice of the port of Venice, one of the most beautiful, the world knows, bears witness. But along the famous canals, traces of war are hard to miss. Allied soldiers go on holiday to Venice. These men of the American 5. Army see Venice for the first time, a monument of civilization, which they have defended in long fights. During the German occupation, the town of 175 channels, the Doge's Palace and the Rialto Bridge became a center of the Allied freedom fighters. Venice, that victory was so many battles in ancient times, Venice lives in peace.
05 bridges cast end tanks of the British Ministry of war now reveals the secret of a further technical invention: a bridge, supported by a tank. This type is named "the Ark". It is carried by the Churchill tank and can be thrown within a few minutes, lifted or carried forward. The crew builds the bridge under the cover of the tank. Another type, "Scheeren bridge". It is operated hydraulically. The bridge-throwing tanks were since landing in Normandy of one of the factors that made Germany's final defeat of the inevitable.
06. German troops fulfill one of the conditions of the Berlin Declaration clearance of minefields on the coast of Holland in Scheveningen. Remove thousands of mines that were laid in the last few months. The use of German maps and Allied mine detectors. Teller mines. In all northern areas, German troops remove the death traps, which had placed Deutsche.
07. military Government fight epidemics that are damp ruins of the houses and the dirt in the Bombentrichtern breeding grounds of epidemics. The overcrowded dwellings and unwashed clothes serve the spread of diseases. Bad water and body lice are carriers of typhus and spotted fever germs. Because the chlorine cleaning equipment Not yet everywhere are in operation, the Allied military authorities have urged people to boil the water before use. The Allied military Government had taken all possible measures to prevent the outbreak of epidemics. Delousing stations were opened, as the lice transmits the spotted typhus. They attach their eggs in the seams of clothing and bores itself into the skin of the people. In this powder, which bears the name of DDT, the allies found the means to combat this danger. The German civilian population must help in this fight and undergo the prophylactic treatment. While the women are being treated, carers of the children attend to. Clothing must be washed as often as possible, or it can be disinfected. It is in the interest of the children that mothers and families of this treatment undergo, before it's too late.
08-Australian troops land on Borneo attack on Borneo. One ship space of the allies in the Pacific Ocean. Australian troops, hardened, expect the command to go to the Board. The goal of Kabeer on the East coast of Borneo, for 3 years an important source of raw materials of the Japanese. General Bernay give his troops the last instructions. Bombers prepare for the landing. Leaflets and high-explosive bombs will be dropped. The attack. A Japanese fuel storage is caught fire. The troops go ashore. The Japanese have fled into the Interior of the island. Allied troops marching inland. With ever increasing force the Allied fight against the final enemy, against Japan.
09 spies executed in the vicinity of Braunschweig is carried out the death sentence on 6 Germans according to a procedure before an Allied Military Tribunal. 5 of them were convicted of espionage. In April she had sneaked into the American lines, 4 in civilian clothes, one in American uniform. LN of a sand pit, under the hot summer sun, enforced the judgment, in accordance with the law of war. The sixth man, Captain Kottbrose 2 American prisoners of war.
10. The fight in the Pacific Ocean 55 miles north of Manila is the big IPO dam, which operates not only the turbines, but supplies also Manila with 1/3 of the water supply. The Japanese had to blow up the dam the command on their retreat, but they saw the hopelessness of their fight and surrendered. Comes one after another from his lair. They are examined for weapons and in detention.
However, the battles for the important base of Okinawa continue North of Lousome. Japanese land mines encountered an American tank. He has rolled up and is caught fire. 4 men are helpless in the tank. A 5 by the explosion of the vehicle hurled beyond the Navy troops runs counter to, who To try to save their comrades from the fire. But the flames reach the ammunition, all hope of rescue is over. Flame throwing tanks attack a fortified Japanese dugout on the middle front section. A position must be fumigated after the other. Okinawa is conquered, the struggle demanded a high price. But the occupation of the island is essential for the big decisive strike against Japan.